I turned 44 yesterday, we are in the middle of a pandemic, and I was unable to celebrate with anyone. Now, over Christmas, I made a giant gob of marzipan, because I was going to decorate the heck out of some cupcakes. Sadly, with all the other baking I did, I never got around to making anything with the marzipan.
Well, I love marzipan, and I love chocolate, and I deserve a little spark of yum while I fight breast cancer in the middle of a pandemic. I’ve gotta tell you, I make a helluva brownie. Pardon the pictures, I have crappy lighting in the house at night.
I have included all 3 recipes in this post, so you don’t need to jump the other 2 to new tabs if you don’t want to.
Tell me how yours turned out in the comments below, and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram shots!
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used. If you purchase a product via my link, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love and use. You can read my full disclosures for more information.
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter chopped or grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- chocolate glaze
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Lightly oil and flour 9×9 pan
- Sift flour, cocoa, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat source.
- Whisk in sugars until dissolved.
- Slowly combine eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Fold in flour mixture until just moistened.
- Pour into pan, and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle flat surface with powdered sugar.
- Roll marzipan into 8×8 square, about 1/8″ thick.
- Place on top of cooled brownies.
- Make glaze, and pour over marzipan.