If you love your lettuce wraps as much s I do, this is the recipe for you. I set out to copy P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps, as one does, and this is what I came up with. They are delicious, nutrient dense because of the nuts, and heart-healthy.
As a heart patient, I appreciate heart healthy and nutrient dense foods, so I hope you enjoy these as well.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used. If you purchase a product via my link, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love and use. You can read my full disclosures for more information.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs diced
- 8 ounces bamboo shoots julienne
- 8 ounces water chestnuts diced
- 2/3 cup red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple optional
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup peanut sauce
- 1 cup mixed nuts chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 leaves Romaine lettuce rinsed and split in half
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- While chicken is cooking, separate lettuce leaves and rinse. Let dry in a colander or on some paper towels.
- Add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, red onion, garlic, and mixed nuts to the cooked chicken, and stir.
- When onions are translucent, add soy sauce, crushed pineapple, and peanut sauce.
- Stir until sauce is warm.
- Put a scoop of chicken mixture into lettuce leaf, wrap, and eat.